As a donor to Dover Adult Learning Center, you have helped transform the lives of thousands of youths and adults in your community. Please help us again this year by making a financial contribution, or contribute for the first time. Every dollar helps make someone’s future better.
- Since 1968, over 7,600 people have finished high school at DALC.
- Last year, overall enrollments were nearly 4,000.
- Every year, more than 1,000 people gain critical literacy skills and improve their lives at work, at home, and in the community.
Your annual donations help us provide these vital programs and services!
- 2 young students got clothing and food from the Counselors Emergency Fund after their apartment was damaged by a fire.
- 76 students received scholarships for high school classes, HiSET test fees, and graduation caps and gowns.
- 37 children received childcare while their parents attended English, math, and high school equivalency prep classes at DALC.
When basic needs are met and barriers are lifted, students move forward with their education.
- Michael, after finishing his HiSET, entered barber school and secured a car, an apartment, and a job, all in the space of a few months.
- Sandino, with two years of ESL instruction and the help of a volunteer tutor, was able enter college and complete a master’s degree in organizational development.
- Maria completed LNA training, took a health careers ESL class, passed the state licensing exam, and will begin a new career as a home health aide.
With your help, the future is brighter for more adults in Strafford County. Thank you for your support of Dover Adult Learning Center.