ESL Civics Reading & Discussion Group*
Beginners Levels III and VI. New students welcome anytime.
Some reading and a lot of discussion. Practice your pronunciation, work on your grammar, learn some new words, and share your ideas. Each week you will look at some aspect of living in America:
- American culture and society/the joys and challenges of life in the US,
- Events and famous people in US history,
- US law in day to day life,
- Community Resources,
- Issues in current events and politics and
- Geography facts and skills.
Learn about US government, history and the responsibilities and opportunities of democratic life. Curriculum based on US citizenship application and test questions. Appropriate for intermediate or advanced ESL students. Work on English skills and vocabulary through focused readings, class discussion and small group activities. Includes a film on what makes for successful citizenship interview and a live, simulated interview.
*Free to eligible students, $125 for others (you may be asked to take a test to determine eligibility).