High School Completion

Please call to make an appointment. 603-742-1030.

Two Ways to Finish High School*

High School Equivalency or Adult High School Diploma? Which is better for you?

Complete the credits you need to earn the Dover Adult High School Diploma

  1. Request a transcript from your last high school.
  2. Make an appointment with a counselor for free credit assessment.
  3. Make a plan for completing your remaining credits. Classes, online courses and competency based options are available.
  4. You may be eligible for experience and work credits if you have been out of school for a while.
  5. Register for credit classes you need.  Some scholarship funds are available.

*If Under 18, contact your high school for permission to enroll.

Adult High School Classes – click here to register

Pass a test and receive a high school equivalency certificate from the State of NH (see below for more info).

The Future Starts Here
Earn Your High School Equivalency Certificate

The HiSET program offers a variety of free and low-cost resources to help familiarize you with both the exam questions and the computer-delivered testing experience.

Then resources include a study companion (a guide with tips to strategies on how to prepare for the HiSET exam), practice tests and sample questions.


  1. Make an appointment with a counselor.
  2. Take free diagnostic tests.
  3. Enroll in classes, study online or work with a tutor, if needed.
  4. When ready, take practice tests to qualify for official exams.
  5. Register for official HiSET exams with a government issued photo ID and current test fee ($25/per subtest). Scholarships are available.

Other Programs:


The Strafford County Adult Tutorial Program provides free one-to-one tutoring in basic skills for anyone 18 or over in Strafford County.  If classes are not for you and you want help with reading, math, writing, high school equivalency prep, OR English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESL), a tutor may be right for you. A tutor will meet with you once a week at a time and place convenient for you both. Call to request OR become a tutor.


Free classes and educational services may be provided at locations throughout Strafford County.  If your agency is interested in offering adult education, please call. If you are living in transitional housing or a shelter or regularly attend appointments at a community location, adult education may be available. Call or ask a counselor.  Bridget Barker, Adult Tutorial Coordinator(603) 742-1030. b.barker@doveradultlearning.