Dover Adult Learning Center offers high school equivalency preparation and testing using the HiSET test developed by nonprofit Educational Testing Service (ETS) which was selected by the NH Bureau of Adult Education to replace the expiring GED test in 2014. Students who successfully pass the HiSET test are awarded the NH State High School Equivalency Certificate. Classes and testing are offered at the Adult Learning Center in Dover and Rochester. Computer based testing is available in Dover.
In addition to the above schedule you can download, we have added an additional test date here in Dover on Saturday, May 27th. The test schedule will be the same as listed in the download.
Steps to HiSET
1. Call 742-1030 to make appointment with HiSET counselor.
2. Take free diagnostic testing to see if your skills need improving.
3. Enroll in Adult Basic Education classes, if needed. Classes are free & open entry during school year.
4. When your skill levels are high enough, take pre-tests to qualify for HiSET testing.
5. When you are ready, register for official HiSET testing at the Center. Must have photo ID. Test fees.
There are two ways for adults to finish high school:
1. Pass the HiSET test and receive a high school equivalency certificate from the State of NH.
2. Complete the credits you need to earn the Dover Adult High School Diploma.
Our counselors can help you determine the best option.