High School Equivalency (HiSET)



HiSETDover Adult Learning Center now offers high school equivalency testing using the HiSET program developed by nonprofit Educational Testing Service (ETS) and the University of Iowa’s Iowa Testing Program (ITP), which was selected by the NH Bureau of Adult Education to replace the GED test. NH no longer uses the GED.

Download DALC HiSET test schedule Sept-Dec 2015

Download HiSET information flyer

Steps to HiSET

1. Call 742-1030 to make appointment with HiSET counselor.

2. Take free diagnostic testing to see if your skills need improving.

3. Enroll in Adult Basic Education classes, if needed. Classes are free & open entry during school year.

4. When your skill levels are high enough, take pre-tests to qualify for HiSET testing.

5. When you are ready, register for official HiSET testing at the Center. Must have photo ID. Test fees.

There are two ways for adults to finish high school:

1. Pass the HiSET test and receive a high school equivalency certificate from the State of NH.

2. Complete the credits you need to earn the Dover Adult High School Diploma.

Our counselors can help you determine the best option.