High School Equivalency (HiSET®/GED®)

CLICK HERE fill out a short form. Or scan the code below to fill out the form on your phone. You can also explore these links to see how DALC can work for you:

There are two ways for adults to finish high school:

  1. Complete the credits you need to earn the Dover or Rochester Adult High School Diploma. Open to NH high school students. 
  2. Pass the HiSET® or GED ® five-part exam and receive a high school equivalency certificate from the State of NH. (See Below)

Our counselors can help you determine the best option.

Classes and testing are offered at the Adult Learning Center in Dover and Rochester. Computer and paper based testing are available at both locations. 


1. Call 603-742-1030 to make appointment with a counselor.

2. Take free diagnostic testing to see if your skills need improving.

3. Enroll in Adult Basic Education classes, if needed. Classes are free and open entry during school year. Study online, or work with a tutor if needed.

4. When ready, take practice tests to qualify for official exams.

5. Register for testing. Must have a government-issued photo ID and arrangements for paying the test fees ($25 per subtest.) 

GED Test Schedule

HiSET Test Schedule

The State of New Hampshire uses both HiSET® or GED ® as the state-approved test to measure High School Equivalency.