Adult High School Diploma

Adult High School Classes are credit-bearing classes, open to anyone who may need the credit as a college pre-requisite or credit recovery to get an Adult Diploma.

Effective July 1, 2009, the law in New Hampshire is that students must be enrolled in high school until age 18.  If you are 16 or 17 years old, your next step is to contact your high school to determine whether services from the Center are authorized.

Adult High School Classes – click here to register

Directions to Dover High School

Steps To Adult Diploma

1. Get a copy of your high school transcript.

2. Call 742-1030 for appointment with diploma counselor.

3. Meet with counselor for free credit assessment. You may be eligible for experience and work credits if you’ve been out of school for a while.

4. Make a plan for completing your remaining credits.

5. Register for credit classes you need.

Some scholarship funds are available to help with tuition thanks to Dover Rotary Club and others.


There are two ways for adults to finish high school:

1. Pass the HiSET test and receive a high school equivalency certificate from the State of NH.

2. Complete the credits you need to earn the Dover Adult High School Diploma.

Our counselors can help you determine the best option.