Please call to make an appointment. 603-742-1030.
Two Ways to Finish High School
Adult High School Diploma
Complete the credits you need to earn the Dover Adult High School Diploma
- Request a transcript from your last high school.
- Make an appointment with a counselor for free credit assessment.
- Make a plan for completing your credits through classes, online courses and competency-based options.
- You may be eligible for experience and work credits if you have been out of school for a while.
- Register for credit classes you need. Some scholarship funds are available.
- If Under 18, contact your high school for permission to enroll.
High School Equivalency
Due to circumstances beyond our control, DALC has temporarily suspended HiSET testing in our Dover and Rochester locations. We are pursuing options for high school equivalency testing that will allow for the quality experience our students and test takers expect and deserve. We anticipate a resolution within a couple of weeks. If you have any questions or are in an urgent situation, please call us at 603-742-1030 and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
The HiSET program offers a variety of free and low-cost resources to help familiarize you with both the exam questions and the computer-delivered testing experience, including a study guide with tips to strategies on how to prepare for the HiSET exam, practice tests and sample questions.
- Make an appointment with a counselor.
- Take free diagnostic tests.
- Enroll in classes, study online or work with a tutor, if needed.
- When ready, take practice tests to qualify for official exams.
- Register for official HiSET exams with a government issued photo ID and current test fee ($25/per subtest).
- Scholarships are available.
Adult Tutorial Program
The Strafford County Adult Tutorial Program provides free one-to-one tutoring in basic skills for anyone 18 and over in Strafford County. If classes are not for you and you want help with reading, math, writing, HiSET prep (formerly GED), or English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESL), then the tutorial program may be for you. A tutor will meet with you once a week at a time and place convenient for you both.
To be matched with a tutor OR to become a tutor: Call Bridget Barker at 742-1030
High School Equivalency (HiSET)
Integrated Education and Training